Our Competition philosophy is to combine a fun approach to learning with disciplined technique in a nurturing atmosphere. We offer competition teams in a variety of levels and styles. All of our dancers compete because they love to dance and perform and competition allows them an accelerated training program and additional performance opportunities as an outlet for their creative talents.
Our focus is not on trophies and awards, but on the quality of our dancers and the creativity of our coaches. As teachers, we strive to instill in our dancers a strong work ethic and a healthy competitive attitude.
Being a member of CDC's Competition Team allows our dancers to take their studio training to the next level; that is, learning to perform for an audience while being judged on their technique and artistic expression. The experience develops self-confidence and teaches the importance of discipline, teamwork, and commitment.
Want more information about our competition team? Click the link below!
The Company: Pre-Professional Training Program
The Company is a pre-professional training program designed for dancers ages 14-18 who are interested in concert and commercial dance. Dancers train exclusively at Capitol Dance Company while performing, competing and attending conventions throughout the Bay Area. Dancers perform works by guest and in-house choreographers under the artistic direction of Allison Fields Carriles.
cdc COMPETITION TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Studio of Excellence Award (ADCC)
- $1000 Studio of Excellence - In10sity
- Highest Scoring Studio Award- Spotlight San Mateo
- Studio of Excellence Award - Spotlight San Mateo
- 218 Top 10 Placements
- 293 Platinum Awards
- 51 1st Place Overall Highest Scoring Routines
- Industry Awards: Hip Hop, Lyrical Tap and Contemporary
- Awards for Choreography, Costuming, Technique, Showmanship, Entertainment and
- Critics Choice
- Miss Onstage Emily James
- Numerous scholarships
- “Studio of Excellence Award” (ADCC)
- “Top Technique Studio” Starbound
- “Highest Scoring Studio” Starpower
- 182 Top10 Placements
- 277 Platinum Awards
- 30 1st Place Overall Highest Scoring Routines
- Miss Junior Onstage Kacey Ura, Miss Teen Onstage Cheryl Yeh and Miss Senior
- Onstage Maya Mohsin
- Awards for Costuming, Entertainment, Choreography, Critics Choice
- Industry Awards for Lyrical, Contemporary and Hip Hop
- Numerous scholarships