Our Competition philosophy is to combine a fun approach to learning with disciplined technique in a nurturing atmosphere. We offer competition teams in a variety of levels and styles. All of our dancers compete because they love to dance and perform and competition allows them an accelerated training program and additional performance opportunities as an outlet for their creative talents.
Our focus is not on trophies and awards, but on the quality of our dancers and the creativity of our coaches. As teachers, we strive to instill in our dancers a strong work ethic and a healthy competitive attitude.
Being a member of CDC's Competition Team allows our dancers to take their studio training to the next level; that is, learning to perform for an audience while being judged on their technique and artistic expression. The experience develops self-confidence and teaches the importance of discipline, teamwork, and commitment.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2018-2019 COMPETITION TEAM DANCERS!
Thank you to all of the dancers who attended auditions for next season's competition team! We had a record turnout and are so impressed by the talent and enthusiasm of all our dancers.
Linked below is a list of dancers who have made it on to a competition team for next year.
Stay tuned for the team placement roster, which will be sent in July. Thank you for your patience as we work to finalize all of our teams. With over 140 dancers who auditioned, we are very excited for the year to come!
Want more information about our competition team? Click the link below!
cdc COMPETITION TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 150+ “Top 10” and “Overall” placements
- 150+ “Platinum” awards
- 15 “1st Place Overall” for highest scoring numbers in the competition
- 3 “Costume Awards”
- Sr. Jazz & Mini Jazz teams given “Entertainment” Awards
- Sr. Lyrical Team “Heroes”: Team awarded Broadway scholarships at Spotlight Dance Comp. & $750 cash prize at In10sity Comp.
- Senior Critics Choice Award for Sr. Contemporary Team “31/17”
- Judge “Class Act” Studio Award: given for appropriateness for mini dancers
- Sr. Hip Hop Team won “Hip Hop Industry” award at Masquerade Comp.
- For the second year, Isabella Limosnero was awarded a scholarship to the Bridge Program and took the Senior Improv. Winner title at In10sity Dance Comp!
- Over $2,000 awarded in scholarships
- 150+ “Top 10” and “Overall” Placements
- 190+ Platinum Awards
- 6 “1st Place Overall” Competition Highest Scoring Numbers
- Choreography Award for Miss Chelsea’s Senior Contemporary “Near Light”
- Choreography Awards for Miss Allison’s Senior Lyrical “The Opera” and Junior Lyrical “Keep You Safe”
- Maya Mohsin earned “Miss Teen OnStage” and Choreography Award
- Isabella Limosnero received the MSA Agency Award, Bridge School Scholarship, & Danceworks National Scholarship