JOIN US FOR 2019-2020 COMPETITION TEAM AUDITIONS!
If you have additional questions, or if your dancer is unable to attend auditions, please contact our CDC Competition Team Director,
Allison Fields: CDCcompetition@gmail.com
HOW TO AUDITION
New and returning dancers of all levels must audition.
To audition, dancers must have a filled out audition form, which is to be turned in on the day of the audition. The audition form and solo/duet request form is linked below. No audition forms will be accepted at the front desk.
MAKE UP AUDITIONS FOR 14+ (VIDEO SUBMISSIONS)
Due Friday, 5/31/19 by 9PM – NO EXCEPTIONS. Videos submitted after deadline will not be accepted/considered.
Video must include:
No CDC staff will be available to film your video & no studios may be booked to film. Email make up video audition submissions to Miss Allison directly: CDCCOMPETITION@GMAIL.COM
Our Competition philosophy is to combine a fun approach to learning with disciplined technique in a nurturing atmosphere. We offer competition teams in a variety of levels and styles. All of our dancers compete because they love to dance and perform and competition allows them an accelerated training program and additional performance opportunities as an outlet for their creative talents.
Our focus is not on trophies and awards, but on the quality of our dancers and the creativity of our coaches. As teachers, we strive to instill in our dancers a strong work ethic and a healthy competitive attitude.
Being a member of CDC's Competition Team allows our dancers to take their studio training to the next level; that is, learning to perform for an audience while being judged on their technique and artistic expression. The experience develops self-confidence and teaches the importance of discipline, teamwork, and commitment.
Want more information about our competition team? Click the link below!
cdc COMPETITION TEAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- 150+ “Top 10” and “Overall” placements
- 150+ “Platinum” awards
- 15 “1st Place Overall” for highest scoring numbers in the competition
- 3 “Costume Awards”
- Sr. Jazz & Mini Jazz teams given “Entertainment” Awards
- Sr. Lyrical Team “Heroes”: Team awarded Broadway scholarships at Spotlight Dance Comp. & $750 cash prize at In10sity Comp.
- Senior Critics Choice Award for Sr. Contemporary Team “31/17”
- Judge “Class Act” Studio Award: given for appropriateness for mini dancers
- Sr. Hip Hop Team won “Hip Hop Industry” award at Masquerade Comp.
- For the second year, Isabella Limosnero was awarded a scholarship to the Bridge Program and took the Senior Improv. Winner title at In10sity Dance Comp!
- Over $2,000 awarded in scholarships
- 150+ “Top 10” and “Overall” Placements
- 190+ Platinum Awards
- 6 “1st Place Overall” Competition Highest Scoring Numbers
- Choreography Award for Miss Chelsea’s Senior Contemporary “Near Light”
- Choreography Awards for Miss Allison’s Senior Lyrical “The Opera” and Junior Lyrical “Keep You Safe”
- Maya Mohsin earned “Miss Teen OnStage” and Choreography Award
- Isabella Limosnero received the MSA Agency Award, Bridge School Scholarship, & Danceworks National Scholarship