IN-PERSON CLASS POLICIES
- Dancers must wear a mask at all times.
- There are no make ups, refunds, or credits if your dancer is absent for a class.
- If a class closes prior to the date a class is held, a wait list will automatically be generated in our system. If a spot opens up on the wait list, we will reach out by email. If a class closes due to maximum enrollment, we cannot guarantee a spot will open on a wait list. To add your dancer to the waiting list, proceed to enroll them in the class even though it shows as "full/closed" in red in the portal. Payment is not required to be added to a wait list.
- If the county or state requires us to close or tightens restrictions OR we are required to temporarily close due to a positive case, we will temporarily discontinue in person classes. Accounts will be issued a credit for all classes that we cancel. No refunds will be provided.
- If a dancer or CDC staff person tests positive for COVID-19, we are legally required to notify the county. All dancers that were exposed to the positive case, will have their contact information shared with the county in accordance with COVID-19 tracing protocol.
- In the event of a positive case, CDC will notify you as soon as possible and immediately close ALL in person classes. We will follow county protocol before re-opening.
- Under the current county guidelines for youth and sports activities, we highly encourage dancers that enroll in our in-person classes to limit their extra curricular activities. Children and youth should only be participating in one in-person activity at a time outside of school.
- As stated in our Student Waiver & Release of Liability: